Election Information

This forum is for the dialog about the 2008 Corporate election.

Moderator: sagefire

Election Information

Postby Admin » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:13 pm

There was one application for the Board of Directors election.

The Candidate is Dona Carroll.

Here is her campaign statement:
I’ve been attending Dragonfest since 2000 and volunteering on staff since 2002. In that short period of time, I have seen the retreat grow from tarps hung over the community center and minimal cooking and cooling facilities to what it is today. The improvements in the infrastructure for the retreat over this time period has been very impressive to say the least and I would like to see this sort of growth continue to accommodate the 1000 participants who attend.

This year, for the first time, members were able to download the registration form off the website as soon as registration opened. Members were also able to pay with credit cards through Paypal. I think it is very important for Dragonfest to proceed with the electronic improvements. It is my belief that the implementation of a process to vote online for elections in a secure fashion will encourage more of our community to vote and make their voices heard.

The possibility of Dragonfest actually becoming an organization that would sponsor year round events through the use of grants instead of being a once a year retreat is very exciting. It is my opinion that Dragonfest should utilize all possible resources to grow into an organization that sponsors year round events that would include but not be limited to workshops, lectures and concerts.

I would like the opportunity to represent you, the Dragonfest community, as your voice to help guide and direct this organization as it works towards these goals.

More information can be found about the candidate and the election at:
http://www.dragonfest.org/Dragonfest_Corporation.html

Dona can be contacted for questions directly at:
Redheadedwitchywoman@yahoo,com

Feel free to use this forum for open discussions on this year's election.

Ballots will be mailed out around November First.

Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Return to 2008 Corporate Elections