[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Dragonfest Forums • View topic - Dfest Issues:

Dfest Issues:

This forum is for the discussion of the 2005 board of director election. All members and candidates are encouraged to participate.
THIS FORUM IS LOCKED TO POSTING ANY NEW MESSAGES

Moderators: sagefire, Admin

Dfest Issues:

Postby Silverfeather » Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:10 pm

Issues I want to bring to your attention:

1. There was a rude merchant that apparently needed to point out I don’t have HIS version of a perfect body – I am made just the way I am suppose to be and I am beautiful and a Goddess so he can go and pound the sand.

The merchant was the large sarong merchant to the left of Silver Witch’s booth (if you were facing Silver Witch’s booth that is). I will never shop at his booth again and I have several friends that will not either. I was not the only person who he offended with his rude comments about our size. I will be sending a formal letter to the Board regarding this issue with more details and the signatures of those women who were verbally assaulted by this vendor. Who would think this would even be a problem at Dfest. I will be recommending a denial to attend Dfest for next year or at least denying him to have a booth next year.

2. I was not fond of the Auxiliary Kitchen. I think it divides the community. I have no problem with having a Beverage booth/station in area 5 and maybe one in Area 4 too in fact I think that would be a GREAT idea, but all food should be at the community center. The Community Center is there to promote community. The Aux Kitchen provided an easy out of those who do not know when to stop the mead intake. Watching hung over pagans grab a pastry, a cup of coffee and then stumble back to bed is not what I call community.

3. How many adult sexual education classes do we really need? Sex is magickal and if the topic had been about sex magick, I would understand, and even having 1 adult sex ed class would have been ok, sorry Joseph. I just think the class is a good idea but 3 classes seemed a bit too much.

4. I loved the Drawing down and for me it was great! This information is hearsay so please allow for come error here...
A. HOWEVER... I did hear from a couple of attendees they were disappointed because the person they saw, was just that, the person and not the Goddess at all. Do they really think we would not know when are and are not talking to the Goddess/God? If the Priestess lost the connection with the Goddess they just gave Priestess advice to their seekers? I would hope no Priestess would do this, unless they advise the person they are now talking to talking with the Priestess and not the Goddess.)
B. Some were turned away – this should never happen.

Solution On theDrawing Down:
I guess my solution for problem "A" is to remind those who are drawing down that if they need additional time to center and re-draw down, then they should do so. If they have exhausted their energy then they should notify their walkers so they will stop bring seekers.

NO one should ever be turned away. Solution for problem "B" is if they had arrived prior to the 9pm cut off, then they should have been seen if at all possible by someone Drawing Down. If that does not work, then maybe we should have the Drawing Down stop receiving folks after a certain time, so the Gods/Goddesses can have time to finish those that had been let into the circle and still complete the rite by a the time indicated. But once in the circle then they should have seen the Goddess.

5. There was a VERY pregnant woman who I found to be beautiful with her bare belly all sticking out. To think someone would come to her and tell her to cover her stomach is just ludicrous! She actually had gone and painted her belly to stop the comments. She did not need art to be beautiful…pregnancy is a beautiful on any woman and we should celebrate her large, sticking out there stomach and not cover that up. I was very disappointed with whoever made such comments!

I want to attend the next open board meeting… when & where will be held?
I would be happy to offer my ritual room for an open Board Meeting so we do not have to pay for a room – My room will hold about 20 people if organized correctly. (Please email me directly if you would like to use my room).

In loving respect for Dfest and in hopes of improving the festival~
Silverfeather
Silverfeather

Self - responsiblity.

Postby tourbi » Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:51 pm

My apologies.
Thank you.
Last edited by tourbi on Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tourbi

Re: Self - responsiblity.

Postby Redheadedwitchywoman » Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:05 pm

Redheadedwitchywoman

Postby tourbi » Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:14 pm

Last edited by tourbi on Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tourbi

I must agree with Tourbi

Postby Brian » Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:48 pm

Brian

Postby Jareth » Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:17 am

Jareth

Re: I must agree with Tourbi

Postby Phoenixrising » Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:29 am

Phoenixrising

Postby EdanaL » Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:44 pm

EdanaL

Not a firestarter