[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Dragonfest Forums • View topic - Funding Kitchen; Kitchen Miscellany

Funding Kitchen; Kitchen Miscellany

This forum is for general discussion of Dragonfest issues or any topics that are not covered by other forums.

Moderators: sagefire, Admin

Funding Kitchen; Kitchen Miscellany

Postby ShyDavid » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:43 pm

1) Shandara is still a steaming hot babe. Yum.

2) Even if it means increasing the admission fee another two or three dollars, surely that would be worth the increase if we could once again serve pancakes and French toast at breakfast, with butter and syrup. Eggs, sausage, oatmeal, gravy, and biscuits every morning..... doesn't that get tedious?

3) Does anyone know what prepared oatmeal is supposed to look like, sound like, taste like? I've no idea: is it supposed to be lumpy and clump together, or is it supposed to be wet and spread out, or what?

4) Just how black, if at all, is the coffee to be made? Some people told me the coffee was "too light;" other people told me the coffee was "too dark." Just who, out there, shall step forward and be the lone human measure, the goddess, the god, the judge, the final spokeswoman or spokesman against which all future coffee shall be judged as properly made? Whom shall the coffee maker strive to please, and to whom may the coffee maker refer dissatisfied coffee drinkers to when the coffee falls short of their expectations and desires?

5) Next year I shall bring two half-foot-long garden hoses to attach to the water buffalo to help dispense water into the water containers.

6) Wednesday morning someone tried to make coffee without water. No, really. But then, one time I made cookies and forgot the flour..... Anyhow, the pot is all but destroyed and perhaps should be replaced.

7) Where were the plastic disposable gloves for kitchen this year?

8) When I finally got home two hours ago I discovered I had inadvertently / accidentally stolen a wash cloth from Kitchen; somehow it ended up in my dirty laundry bag when I packed up to leave Sunday. I am overwhelmed with guilt by this deplorable crime, and I have a desperate desire to return the wash cloth before the negative karma kills me. So for the next 12 months I'll use it around the house, then return it to Kitchen next August.

9) Shandara is still, of course, a steaming hot babe.
ShyDavid

Postby Terri » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:14 am

Hmmm. Steaming hot is kind of a theme with you, ShyDavid. The coffee was perfect, the oatmeal was perfect and as the final judge, goddess and Caffeina spokesperson I end all discussion of the subject. You already know my opinion. I am darn grateful to get breakfast AT ALL because every where else I camp, I have to bring the food, cook breakfast, AND clean up the pans. Huzzah for kitchen crew and water witches!

Yes, we missed the pancakes this year so those of us at Phoenix Circle decided to do something about it next year. We are going to have a pancake supper at our campsite following our visit with the Priestesses and Priests at Drawing Down. This will not be an official activity but we will not turn away anyone looking for a pancake and some syrup.

Starstone (I am trying out a new name given to me in an Azrael and Amber K workshop. I am not sure if it fits yet).
Terri

Postby ShyDavid » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:48 pm

ShyDavid

Postby Kitchenbear » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:15 pm

The vegetarian chili at the "Stone Soup" was just as revolting this year as it was last year. At the moment I am considering asking Ops if I may make it next year, USING THE CORRECT BEANS and making a proper job of it--- I will pay for it, and buy the makings myself. Pinto beans in chili work only if there is meat in it; for vegetarian chili one must use kidney beans. If I am allowed to make the chili, I will start it at 4:00AM so that it will be ready to serve by 5:00PM. I will also bring 5 or 6 boxes of saltine crackers, to serve with the chili.

One cannot make a decent bean chili sooner than about 12 hours. 24 hours to cook would be better: maybe I can sleep in the kitchen that night, and wake up every two hours to check on the chili.

A friend of mine at "Stone Soup" told me the chicken soup was too vile to eat; I do not know if she is just too hard to please, or if the chicken soup really was as bad as the vegetarian chili.

Also, one woman at the table behind me said "Well, at least there's cheese cubes" as she pushed her bowl of soup away from her. And yet many people appeared to enjoy the soups, so surely the soups cannot have been so very terrible.[/quote]

hwy wait a second here. The chili was not ath bad as a lot of people actually liked the chili. I do usually cook my chili for 2 days before serving the chili. but as we only had 5 hours to make and serve this is what we had. if the Chicken noodle soup was so revolting then why was it the one pot that was almost completely empty. we got a lot of complements on the soups this year. but I also realize that I can not please everyone and guess what I am not going to even try.
Kitchenbear

Postby ShyDavid » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:50 pm

ShyDavid

Postby Brian » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:13 pm

Brian

Postby Flwyd » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:09 am

My other signature is a python script.
Flwyd
Site Admin

Postby ShyDavid » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:26 pm

ShyDavid

Oatmeal