[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Dragonfest Forums • View topic - Facilities at the new DFest site

Facilities at the new DFest site

This forum is for general discussion of Dragonfest issues or any topics that are not covered by other forums.

Moderators: sagefire, Admin

Facilities at the new DFest site

Postby Coyote » Tue May 11, 2010 3:18 pm

Hi everyone,

My friends and I are sending in our registration info this week, and we're starting to prepare for the new site. There are a few things I'm curious about, because the answer will dictate how we arrange our gear in the coming months.

First, will there be water on site of any sort, or will we have to bring in all our own water, both for potable and non potable uses? Considering it will be a group of 6 of us, we have to start planning the logistics of this now.

Second, will there be portapotties on site as there were at Wellington, or will we be left to our own waste disposal measures? Once again, a logistics thing.

Third, we haven't visited the new site yet, though we plan to in the coming months. I'm curious about the ground. That is, how hard and rocky is it? I have special tent stakes for camping in extremely rocky environments that I normally use for my UL set up, but several of my companions don't have such stakes yet, always having relied on the standard yellow plastic ones.

Also, how well does the ground absorb water? Though I doubt natural flooding will be an issue at this site because of the annual rainfall stats, I am concerned that with a large number of people washing things, using sun showers, etc. this may be an issue depending on where people decide to camp and how closely sites will be to each other. Since we are not allowed to trench, and since we plan on bringing our own sun shower set up, this is a concern for me.

Any info you can give me to answer these questions would be very helpful.

Thanks!

-Coyote
Coyote

Re: Facilities at the new DFest site

Postby Coyote » Tue May 11, 2010 3:21 pm

Sorry, one more thing I forgot to ask: How close will we be able to park our vehicles to our actual camp sites? If it's quiet a distance, I need to start trimming down the car camping comfort list lest I have to listen to complaints.

Thanks,

Coyote
Coyote

Postby Flwyd » Tue May 11, 2010 8:46 pm

My other signature is a python script.
Flwyd
Site Admin

Postby Len » Wed May 12, 2010 11:55 am

A couple thoughts on being able to park at, or at least reasonably close to campsites, that I hope will be considered and accomodated as much as possible as planning moves ahead:

Having a comfortable camp will help everyone enjoy D-fest as much as possible. Given the setting, and the wide range of weather possibilities, that means things like shade canopies, tarps, portable fire containers. Hauling all that stuff a significant distance would be a hassle.

Given the need to critter-proof coolers and food boxes every night, again, having to haul it a significant distance to the car would be a hassle.

I understand there may need to be some limitations on where people park, but I would urge/request you maximize the places where people can park at where they camp, or close by (like....w/in 50 yds). Especially important for the handicapped and older ones.
Thanks
Len

Return to General Discussion