[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Dragonfest Forums • View topic - The new new site and water

The new new site and water

This forum is for general discussion of Dragonfest issues or any topics that are not covered by other forums.

Moderators: sagefire, Admin

The new new site and water

Postby Coyote » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:22 pm

Hi everybody,

So, now that the Dfest site has been changed again, I have another question about water. Since the site is home to a pond and a stream, are we allowed to filter and purify our own water? Also, are we allowed to visit the site beforehand?

Thanks.
Coyote

Re: The new new site and water

Postby Allison » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:29 pm

The pond is quite small, as is the stream, so I would be willing to bet that the landowner would prefer that we not filter water from those sources (in order to prevent using up all of her water). Also, since the land is private property, I doubt that there will be the opportunity for festers to visit the site prior to fest.
Allison

Only the educated are free. Epictetus
Allison

Postby Coyote » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:05 pm

Thanks, good to know. What is the nearest town, out of curiosity? The water thing really concerns me because my group is on set up crew and one of my friends thinks we'll need this epic amount of water. Water is heavy, and of three cars, we'd be dedicating a whole car to water hauling by her estimates. Now, I don't think we'll need that much water, but, if there was a town nearby, I could reassure her that, worse comes to worse, we can get water if we really need it. Also, the availability of ice makes a big impact on how we plan our meals.
Coyote

Postby Allison » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:59 pm

The new new site is near Bailey (about 10 - 15 minutes). Recommendations are 1 to 1.5 gallons of water per person per day, and consider sponge baths rather than showers (not only to conserve water but also to minimize the dumping of lots of soap into the groundwater). I wouldn't think you'd need an entire car filled with water.
Allison

Allison

Postby Coyote » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:10 pm

I just got the check list today, which looks like it was for the old site, but whatever. On the list, it says that Dragonfest will be selling ice and freezer space. Is this still true?
Coyote

Postby Allison » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:30 pm

Yes, but I am unfamiliar with the details.
Allison

Allison

Postby divekermit » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:57 am

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
++++++++ Ed Wade +++++++++
cell: 720-936-8599
divekermit@aol.com
+++++++++++++++++++++++++
divekermit

Return to General Discussion