[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Dragonfest Forums • View topic - Jalapeno pancakes

Jalapeno pancakes

This forum is for general discussion of Dragonfest issues or any topics that are not covered by other forums.

Moderators: sagefire, Admin

Jalapeno pancakes

Postby Terri » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:12 pm

Phoenix Circle will be having our annual potluck on Thursday evening of Dfest at 5:30 pm. As promised to Shy David, I will be providing jalapeno pancakes (and, of course, camp chili.) Everyone is welcome but bring your own utensils, dishes, and something to share. For those of you who don't know, Phoenix Circle is our Dfest hangout for people in recovery. We will have postings at Kiosk with info about meetings. etc. So, David, what kind of syrup are you bringing for the pancakes? And don't anyone think that I am breaking anonymity here. Shy David is an honorary member of Phoenix Circle because he seems to always be camped near us.
Terri

ShyDavid probably cannot attend this year

Postby ShyDavid » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:41 am

ShyDavid

Re: Jalapeno pancakes

Postby Terri » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:11 pm

Oh no. :( Well this will be the jalapeno pancake development year so if you don't make it, we should have the recipe perfected by next year. However, it would be BEST if your ranchers would return. This is always the problem with livestock. Someone must take care of them. I just hope kitchen has an alternative water witch to make coffee. Yours may be the single most important job at Dfest! :D

Terri
Terri

Postby ShyDavid » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:48 pm

ShyDavid

Postby ShyDavid » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:31 pm

Rain came; the road out of the ranch is I cannot use the bulldozer to open the road because it will get stuck in the mud. Rocks, brush, trees, in the way, and a culvert washed away.
ShyDavid

Postby Flwyd » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:21 pm

The jalapeño pancakes were fantastic! The Phoenix Circle Thursday night potluck is perhaps the tastiest kept secret at Dragonfest. Plan now to attend next year!
My other signature is a python script.
Flwyd
Site Admin

Postby ShyDavid » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:28 am

ShyDavid

Postby Terri » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:11 am

Think positive, David. Know that we thought of you the whole time we ate the jalapeno pancakes. Know that we fully expect you to be here next year and will make them again (with improvements, like a better griddle setup). We even have a perfect secluded spot for you to camp near our camp in a beautiful aspen grove. Tell the bosses they owe you one and get out of that canyon before the mud slides! Love and blessings,
Terri
Terri

Postby ShyDavid » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:21 pm

This year perhaps will see me once again at Dragonfest; if Phoenix Circle can make Jalapeno Pancakes this year then, by the gods, I can certainly eat them.

Last year (as I noted above) the road out of the canyon in which I live was washed out in three places. Even the monks were stranded by the rock slides (shouldn't they be able to levitate? Or is that just saints, not monks?). Maybe this year we will not have yet another "fifty year" flood, and I can drive out of here in August.

Two weeks ago I was at Conifer and Bailey; the places are CROWDED, and the forest was CROWDED. When Dragonfest first started, the place was quiet and uncrowded; now, the forest road in the area is busy with cars. Golly. Dragonfest should move down here to the ranch.

I bought fudge at Jefferson.
ShyDavid

Postby Terri » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:47 pm

Yes, the pancake dinner is on! Thursday evening between workshops and rituals. We will be doing lactose-free jalapeno pancakes for Trevor. There may be blueberry pancakes also. You were missed last year and we all thought of you as we ate our jalapeno pancakes. Trevor "outed" us so we may have more folks for dinner. Bring your favorite syrup.Looking forward to seeing you!
Terri

Postby ashling » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:59 pm

ah yes, the new griddle is seasoned and ready for those tasty cakes!! :D there will be gumbo and jasmine rice as well since it has become somewhat of a tradition. can't wait to see ya'll!
However many lives we may think we have, this is the one we need to make the most of
ashling

Postby Terri » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:28 pm

OOOO, baby! Can't wait for the gumbo! Can't wait to see you! And I am so glad you are bringing an extra griddle cause I think we might need it. For all of you who don't know, we have a Thursday night pot-luck at Phoenix Circle and it has morphed into a jalapeno pancake/potluck dinner. It will occur 5:30ish on August 4th and everyone is invited. Our only rule is no alcohol or drugs. Come join us with your favorite syrup in hand.

And while I'm on here, Sara Rain posted on yahoo group Colorado Pagan that she would like everyone to wear all white for the main ritual (Presumably Saturday night) so get to work on that!
Terri

Postby ShyDavid » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:43 pm

ShyDavid

Return to General Discussion