Thank you!

This forum is for general discussion of Dragonfest issues or any topics that are not covered by other forums.

Moderators: sagefire, Admin

Thank you!

Postby Natalie Smith » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:55 pm

Thank you for all of your hard work! This was my first DragonFest, and my whole family enjoyed it so much! During the closing ceremony, Aidan (my youngest) started crying while the violinist was playing ... he was sad it was over!
Natalie Smith

Re: Thank you!

Postby Kar » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:58 am

I am with you Natalie! This was my first Dfest as well, and like your son, cried at the closing ceremony. I wanted to joke it off as the emotion of hearing a real bagpiper playing right in front of me, which I haven't experienced since I was a kid. But I can't, I was crying because I also didn't want it to end. My kids are teen and pre-teen, and I hope to convince them to come with me next year. It was truly an emotional and joyful weekend. :D
Kar

Postby Len » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:13 am

Let me add my voice of thanks!

Where it was, and how it came down would have been awesome if the site had been nailed down for.....5 months. To have pulled off all the things that were done to make it happpen in 5 weeks.....wow; thank you.

Hope takedown went well, and that Debbie was happy with the care her land was given, and that we can all come back next year.

Again, thanks.

Len
Len

Postby Terri » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:05 am

Thanks to everyone on staff who put out that extra effort at the last minute, including our kitchen witches who did an incredible job, especially considering the time frame in which they had to prepare (none). This was one of the most magical Dfests I have been to and it seemed like the site contributed to our sense of community. Yay, everyone!

Terri
Terri

Postby sagefire » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:31 pm

On the walk-through of the land, Deb (the landowner) was very pleased with how we treated it.
Keep your energy flowing that this means many more years at this pristine natural site.
sagefire

Postby vashtiuthpisces » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:37 am

This was our first Dragonfest as well, and we had an AMAZING time. I also cried during the closing ritual...simply because the violinist was so beautiful, and her portrayal of the maiden during the festival was very touching. When she began playing, I was so surprised. It really was beautiful. I felt so loved and welcomed the whole time I was there, really loved all the workshops that I attended and made some great friends that I've kept in contact with. We're definitely going back in 2011 (and hopefully every year) and are hoping to be part of the set up/take down crew next year!

Vashti
vashtiuthpisces

Return to General Discussion